Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop

3 posters

Go down

PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop Empty PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop

Post by GameMasterGuy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am

"Tell us now, Barrel Boy."
https://2img.net/h/i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/lerakolanche3/BB.png
This text has not been altered in any way, you can recreate this in your version of Banjo-Kazooie by simply starting a new game on any of the three files. After you've watched the opening cinematic you'll be automatically tossed outside to make your way into Gruntilda's Lair, however if you are to re-enter Banjo's house and activate the Secret Bottles Bonus Game the following exchange will occur:

Bottles: Oh...I'm afraid I can't tell you anymore about this hidden feature until you collect the Jigsaw from the Sandcastle Game in Treasure Trove Cove.
Kazooie: Tell us now, Barrel Boy!
Bottles: No! Only when you've got the Sandcastle Jigsaw.
Banjo: C'mon Kazooie, let's come back later...

Out of all the names that Kazooie has called Bottles over the course of the game from and not limited to Goggles, Soil Brain, Speccy, Mud Muncher etc. the term "Barrel Boy" is entirely irrelevant. It has no place as a nickname for Bottles.
However, it's common knowledge that Bottles didn't always run the Bonus game, behold!

Beta Shots:

https://2img.net/h/i162.photobucket.com/albums/t254/Lerakolanche2/BKB21.png

Everything seems rather alike to our version, except for the fact we have Tooty in place of Bottles for the Bonus Game.
But it gets stranger:

https://2img.net/h/i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/lerakolanche3/BB2.png

Now we have Donkey Kong instead of Tooty above our File 1 screen, interesting. Notice how our render of the Tooty portrait is white without any blue outline as all of the other pictures have. This could be due to the fact that the idea to put Tooty up on the wall instead was a last minute one, and from all the rush it was thrown up without an outline.
So let's try and put this all in chonological order here:

The picture of Donkey Kong was originally over File 1, with Tooty over the fireplace. When Rare wanted to have someone lead the game, it would seem illogical for Tooty to run it, since she'd been captured by Gruntilda.
So they switched Donkey Kong for Tooty, making the ape run the game instead.

Now we're left back to our original question:

Why would Kazooie call Bottles "Barrel Boy"?

No idea.

Now, why would Kazooie call Donkey Kong "Barrel Boy"?

Hmm...Oh, I don't know maybe...

https://2img.net/h/i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee255/lerakolanche3/arcade-1680331.jpg

Okay, now it makes total sense.
So we know that the change from Bottles and DK switching pics was so speedy that Rare actually missed fixing up the text so that Kazooie refers to Bottles as Barrel Boy.
So why would they change it?
I don't see a problem with having Donkey Kong in Banjo-Kazooie, I mean, it's not like this could've been a connecting feature. We never had any pictures to show Banjo memorabilia in DK's house during the beta devel-

https://2img.net/h/i85.photobucket.com/albums/k47/lerakolanche/Beta13.jpg

Right, so we have a picture of Donkey Kong in Banjo's house, and a Banjo-Kazooie fridge/shower in Donkey Kong's house, I can't see a semblance of connection there, can you?

That's as far as the evidence can go, which is a lot seeing as the whole thing was sparked by Kazooie using the term "Barrel Boy".
So, now we'll have to rely on speculation.

We know that the "Hidden Feature" DK/Bottles talked about was the original Bottles Bonus Codes, however since Bottles didn't always conduct this little game, who's to say that DK didn't have his own little "Hidden Feature" for Banjo?
Haven't you thought that it was odd that the Bottles Bonus codes never saved when you shut off the game? Yet the Stop 'N' Swop items remain on your cartridge even if you erase the data in all three files.
What was the Donkey Kong Bonus?
It would be cruel to think that DK gave players the Stop 'N' Swop code as a reward, as the text scrolling would mean that it would probably take up two lines all on it's own.
The Washing Machine as a reward in itself is odd, it's essentially just an image mod, perhaps it too was thrown in as a replacement to what could have been.
In the most extreme case, this could have somehow connected the way in which the Ice Key was found inside Donkey Kong 64's memory.

It's all we have to go on, one bit of text someone left in.

Any and all credit goes to Lerako Lanche over at Spiralmountain.co.uk.

So, what are your thoughts? Could DK REALLY have been the one to give you the codes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that there's 7 Bottle's Bonus puzzles, so it would make sense. Did you notice how Bottles says that you MAY get a new move from the last puzzle? Dragon Kazooie anyone? I think the 7th would get you the ice key!

Last edited by GameMasterGuy on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
GameMasterGuy
GameMasterGuy

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop Empty Re: PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop

Post by GameMasterGuy Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am

I'm adding the images now.
GameMasterGuy
GameMasterGuy

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop Empty Re: PLEASE READ I HAVE PROOF- Stop N Swop

Post by Lord of Games Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:43 pm

It could be possible, considering the game had a connection with DK64 in its early stages. The text may have gone unnoticed because Rare figured that nobody would care and put two and two together.

It appears as if people have.

Lerako really did his homework on this one. Congrats to him.Smile
Lord of Games
Lord of Games
Administrator
Administrator

https://showdowntown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Playstation 4 Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Awesome theory dude. I never knew you could think so much of small words. It kinda makes sense really. DK could have been there in the image, and then Kazooie calls him barrel boy. It's like LOG said nobody would've seen it. I didn't.
Playstation 4
Playstation 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down